We originally published this post on June 11, 2018. We reviewed and updated it in the spring of 2019 and again in the fall of 2021.
In honor of Men's Health Month, we're rounding up some of our best resources on various urology topics, including prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction.
General Urology Topics Related to Men:
- The Kominsky Method Sparks Honest Discussions About Men's Health. Kick off Men's Health Month by watching this funny, yet insightful show, on Netflix. Here's why it matters.
- What is Testicular Pain and How Can It Be Treated? Don't suffer in silence. There are options.
- The Role Nutrition Plays in Your Urologic Health. Yes, what you eat and drink matters. Dr. Jonathan S. Brajtbord discusses why an obsession with calories isn't necessarily the best strategy. He also shares some favorite recipes.
- A Quick Primer on Vasectomies. Thinking of taking the leap? This article busts several myths.
- 7 Quick Facts About Vasectomies. This goes hand-in-hand with the previous article.
- What is Urinary Incontinence and How Is It Treated? Bottom line: There are options.
- What is BPH? In this article, Dr. Michael J. Curran discusses benign prostatic hyperplasia (an enlarged prostate gland), including treatment options.
- What is Peyronie's Disease? Curvature of the penis is a treatable condition. Here's what you need to know.
- Kidney Stones 101: Test Your Knowledge. Kidney stones are no fun. The good news? You can reduce your risk of developing one.
- Greater Boston Urology's Approach to Prostate Cancer. One in seven American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime. Here's what you can expect when you choose a GBU urologist.
- Greater Boston Urology's Approach to Advanced Prostate Cancer. Treatment options for advanced prostate cancer can vary widely and depend on each patient’s unique case.
- 17 Interesting Facts About Prostate Cancer and the Prostate Gland.
- Lycopene & Prostate Health. Here's what you need to know from our registered dietitian.
- Prostate Cancer Screening: GBU Responds to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force’s Recommendation. The Task Force released its final recommendations in May 2018.
- Prostate Cancer and African American Men. Learn why early screening is so important to this demographic.
- The Axumin PET Scan – What You Need to Know. Learn important info, including the difference between a PET scan, a CT scan, and an MRI scan.
- What is 3D MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy? This type of biopsy provides many benefits, including increased accuracy.
- Prostate Cancer and Bone Health: What You Need to Know. If you've been diagnosed with prostate cancer, make sure you address bone health before, during, and after treatment.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Options: Active Surveillance. The key word is "active."
- Prostate Cancer Options: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound. Learn more about this minimally invasive option.
- What to Expect from a Radical Prostatectomy. In this free guide, you'll read one man's story from diagnosis to life five years later.
- Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer: PROVENGE Treatment. Use your own body to fight this deadly disease. This article discusses how PROVENGE does exactly that.
- Molecular Markers: OncotypeDX Prostate Cancer Test (and More). Understanding the genetic makeup of a particular prostate cancer tumor/cell can help dictate the most effective treatment.
- Incontinence from Prostate Cancer Treatments: What You Need to Know. Unfortunately, urinary incontinence is one of the side effects of many prostate cancer treatments.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Understanding Erectile Dysfunction. ED is another unfortunate side effect.
- Our Approach to Erectile Dysfunction. At GBU, our goal is to reduce the stigma around ED. It's a common condition. And we can help.
- NEW AT GBU: Introducing Shock Wave Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction. We're happy to announce this new non-invasive option for ED.
- Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction. Yep, there's a connection. And it all has to do with blood flow.
- Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options. The good news? There are many options available!
- Erectile Dysfunction: Advice for Partners. A man's spouse or partner is affected by ED as well.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Erectile Dysfunction. One man talks candidly about his experience with ED.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Lifestyle Changes That Can Help. This article discusses how certain behavior modifications can help.
- Options for Erectile Dysfunction: The Penile Prosthesis. People are usually quite familiar with medications for treating ED. But here's another extremely effective alternative. Dr. Ryan E. Frankel explains.
Interested in working with a GBU physician? Schedule an appointment now.