Greater Boston Urology is a proud supporter of ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, specifically the annual Walk/Run held every September in honor of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
As its website states, ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is “the destination for taking action to end prostate cancer and making prostate cancer research a national priority. . . Our mantra to support, educate, and activate is mobilizing a like-minded, passionate, and multigenerational army of advocates across the country to end prostate cancer.”
Prostate Cancer Facts:
- Every 18 minutes another American man dies from prostate cancer.
- One in nine American men will have prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among American men and is the most commonly diagnosed.
- The American Cancer Society estimates in its Cancer Facts & Figures 2018 report that 164,690 men will be told they have prostate cancer in 2018.
- Currently there are nearly 2.9 million American men living with the disease – roughly equal to the population of Chicago.
Early detection and advances in treatment are saving lives! Raising awareness and critical funding contribute to both.
How You Can Help:
Join us at the Run/Walk every September. Team GBU has led the way in the last few years. In 2021, Team GBU raised $12,595. Overall funds raised for the Boston Run/Walk for ZERO = $144,345!
Join us for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk on September 18, 2022.
Kicks off at 10 AM.
Newton City Hall
1000 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02459
The run is 5K, and the walk is one mile.
More Helpful Info: