Understanding Scrotum Surgery
You know your own body better than anyone. If you’re experiencing pain or some other symptoms in your testicles or scrotum, talk to a urologist. Trying to self-diagnose using Google will only increase anxiety. An accurate diagnosis is the first step toward an effective treatment.
Treatment for certain types of conditions to the testicles or scrotum might require scrotum surgery. These conditions can include the following:
- Epididymitis (inflammation of the testicles caused by chlamydia)
- Hydrocele (swelling of the scrotum)
- Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle)
- Spermatocele (fluid in the testicle)
- Testicular torsion (when the spermatic cord, which brings blood to the scrotum, twists)
- Varicocele (enlarged veins in the testicle)
We understand that the idea of scrotum surgery isn’t a pleasant one. Our board-certified urologists and medical staff will be with you every step of the way, answering your questions, making sure you’re comfortable, and following up post-surgery. Let us help!