The ZERO Prostate Cancer Summit is for anyone who's been affected by prostate cancer. As its website says, the Summit "brings together the top minds in medicine, research, education, and advocacy with a national community of passionate prostate cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, and loved ones."
This year's Summit is going virtual and will be held February 28 to March 4, 2021. REGISTER HERE!
Wondering if you should register? Here are six compelling reasons why you should!
1. You can attend in your jammies.
Normally, the Summit is held in Washington D.C., but due to the pandemic, the Summit is virtual this year. The good news? You can attend from the comfort of your home.
Many of the educational sessions are being held in the evening as well. This means you can watch/participate after your workday and/or after the kids are in bed.
And don't worry if you miss a session! All registrants will receive access to recordings of the sessions. (Curious to know what the sessions are like? Check out videos from the 2020 Summit here.)
2. You don't have to pay a dime.
For the first time in the history of the Summit, the ZERO Prostate Cancer Summit is FREE. Join hundreds of people from across the country for this online gathering at no cost to you. (That said, ZERO is asking that people consider fundraising—more on this below.)
3. You'll get lots of helpful info.
You'll have access to the live virtual event, including the session presentations. Plus, you'll be able to access educational materials and chat with other participants and presenters.
4. You can raise money for ZERO.
As part of your participation, you can raise money for ZERO Prostate Cancer, which is on a mission to end this disease. As ZERO says, "Funds raised will benefit patients in need and fuel research pipelines."
5. You'll be in good company!
Greater Boston Urology will be there! We've attended several Summits in the past. Not to mention, we're especially excited about the keynote speaker: Cal Ripken Jr. Yes, THAT Cal Ripken, Jr. Baseball player extraordinaire and prostate cancer survivor.
6. You'll be able to focus on topics that matter to YOU.
The Summit offers excellent sessions on meaningful topics, including . . .
- Treatment options – Learn about recent breakthroughs in research as well as developments in clinical trials. Plus, better understand PARP inhibitors and new immunotherapies.
- Survivorship – However you define survivorship, presentations around this topic aim to be equal parts helpful, sensitive, and compassionate.
- Health disparities – Learn about the disparities affecting high-risk men, particularly Black men and Veterans, and how to eliminate these gaps.
- Advocacy – Your story can help shape policy. Share your story and listen to others'—and hear from political insiders and experts regarding new legislation.
- Diagnostics – Early detection is critical. Learn about developing technologies to improve prostate cancer detection and diagnosis today—and tomorrow.
Please join us! Here are the details:
The 2021 ZERO Prostate Cancer VIRTUAL Summit
February 28 to March 4